Wednesday 21 March 2012

Creativity was knocking on my door...

So, I moved over a year ago into a new home and I still really wasn't unpacked.  All I really had unpacked were my clothes and other necessities.  That was for a couple of reasons: first, I wasn't sure if I wanted to stay in Calgary and thought of moving somewhere spectacular, and second, I hate unpacking. 

However, there was something inspiring about this year.  I felt motivated and tired of the couch potato life style and knew I needed to do something.  I am a Gemini, so it was so unlike my character to be so lazy.  During this "rediscovery" of myself and remembering what I like, I fell back in love with the city that once had my heart.  So, it was time to commit to where I was and unpack because I am not going anywhere.

My china hutch sat empty for a year.  It collected dust like all the books I was attempting to read.  Due to the lack of space, I knew this gorgeous storage space would no longer hold the Kate Spade crystal it once had.  This time it was something else.  It is now my space for all the beautiful things that longer collected dust.  Just because it has the title "China Hutch" didn't mean that that's all it was going to be in my vocabulary.  It holds things from my travels, places and things that inspire my "bucket" list, photos and memories.  Its my motivational shrine now!

No comments:

Post a Comment