Saturday 6 August 2011

My wild Saturday night

You know you're getting old when your Saturday night consists of shopping for the perfect side table.  Yes, that's what I did this fine Saturday evening.  Instead of going out for Girls Night, I was driving around store to store looking for some accessories for my reading area.

During this adventure, I did find something amazing.  No, it wasn't what I was looking for but, maybe better?  I found a new store called Bouclair Home.  I can say I died and went to Heaven.  What I loved about it was not just the price, but the great selection of product and colour.  No, its not another Bed, Bath and Beyond which is full of overly priced and over stocked merchandise.  Bouclair has beautiful curtains, pillows, duvet covers, pictures, lamps and decorations.  The layout was easy to shop, clean, tidy and staff were helpful.  While I was there, I had someone ask me if I had any questions.  Yes, customer service in a home store with value pricing still exists in Calgary.  Unlike a picked through, over stuffed Home Sense department with no one to help you. 

Bouclair is a great place if you're price conscious but want expensive looking items.  When comparing prices to Bed, Bath and Beyond its not significantly less however you do get more.  For example, comparing curtains; Bed Bath and Beyond sells theirs up to $89.99 for just one panel.  Similar panels with the same fabrication sells for $65 for 2 panels at Bouclair.  Need I say more?

So, if you just moved into that beautiful new home and are on a budget, Bouclair is the right place for you.  They have 2 locations:  West Hills and Beacon Hill.  Hours of operation are a bonus, too.  Check them out and you will be pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment