Saturday 6 August 2011

This is what I think of at 11 pm at night

Lately, I haven't been able to go to bed at a decent hour.  I wish I could say its because I suffer from insomnia or even sleep apnea.  However, its usually because I find something interesting on TV and of course I have to stay up and watch it.  If I don't, my mind wont settle and all I will think about is if Ron and Sammie made-up again, or what Michael gets up to on repeats of the Office and even ancient episodes of Law & Order SVU. 

This time it wasn’t TV keeping me up.  Instead, it was my infatuation of completing the look of my reading area.  Ironic enough, reading relaxes me and I fall asleep no problem.  So, this reading area is essential to my ease and rest, not just because it looks super cute.  I also have been wanting to do a project with frames.  So, 11 pm and I am up nailing frames to a wall.  I really enjoy getting a kick of creativity at this hour (sarcasm). 

Again, I used inexpensive Ikea frames with pictures of vacations, family and friends.  I also did find a great Picasso print from Michaels Arts & Crafts store for $10.  Michaels has some great prints, however you have to have the patience to want to look through them all.  But you wont leave disappointed. 

Please don’t think that this cozy area is finished.  This is just the start.  I will be looking for some other pieces to add.  So, keep your eyes peeled for an update on this late hour project.

No comments:

Post a Comment